Five Reasons Tele-Sessions May Work For You!
Throughout the United States and around the world, people are connecting with Explore What’s Next for therapy sessions through tele-sessions.
No longer are you limited by geography from getting the help you need!
With the use of a web video camera we can see and hear each other in real time no matter where you are on the globe.
You may benefit from tele-session counseling if you:
1. Live in a remote place where counseling services are not available.
2. Are living overseas for school or for business.
3. Live in a small community where everyone knows you, making privacy and confidentiality a challenge.
4. Your work or lifestyle requires you to travel a lot making a commitment to therapy difficult.
5. Finding a local therapist with the qualifications you require is tough.
As long as you have a computer and an Internet connection you can download the tele-session program we use and start using it right away.
The following tips may be useful to make your sessions more effective:
- Before the session find a private space free of distractions and potential interruptions.
- I ask that you call me. That way I know that you are ready for the session.
- Give yourself 5-10 minutes or so before to prepare and after the sessions to transition into your regular day.
- It’s not necessary but for best sound quality a head set with microphone is better than using built-in microphone and speakers. We might look a little funny but you get used to it.
- Have some paper, pens or pencils handy in case you wish to take notes or write down ‘homework’ I may ask you to do.
- If you have phones, alarms or a radio please turn them off or put them in silent mode before the session.
Tele-sessions are more like office visits than you think. Just like face-to-face visits, we schedule our tele-sessions for 50-60 minutes. For your comfort, we do our best to create a safe space in which we can talk without distraction.
Email us at email@example.com to schedule your first 30 minute consultation at no charge!